FAQsFrequently Asked Questions About The Birthing Through Hypnosis Method
Who can benefit from the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method?
This method is for anyone who is having a baby and has even a slight interest in natural childbirth (also known as an unmedicated birth). Knowing that the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method focuses on natural birth does not mean that as you read this you need to be 100% committed to having a natural birth. You may already be there or you may be far from there. My intention is to provide you with information and facts so you can decide for yourself what’s right for you and for the birth of your baby. Many women change their preconceived plan to have a medicalized birth once they become educated about having a natural birth. The Birthing Through Hypnosis materials teaches you how to increase your odds of having a natural childbirth through planning, learning the ins and outs of natural birth, and practicing specific techniques of breath, position, hypnosis, relaxation, and touch. Many couples report that the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method helped them to have an empowering and serene birth experience.
What will I learn from participating in the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method?
The Birthing Through Hypnosis Method teaches you those proven techniques and tools for coping with labor in a straight-forward, simple manner. When you practice the Birthing Through Hypnosis techniques after reading about them in the manual, hearing about them in the recorded class, and/or listening to the relaxation, hypnosis, and instructional audio tracks, your body will respond and will clearly tell you which techniques work well for you. The Birthing Through Hypnosis techniques are designed to work in harmony with the physiological and psychological components of labor.
Why would I want to aim for a natural childbirth rather than planning to get an epidural or planning a scheduled cesarean section?
There are many reasons to set your sights on having an intervention-free, vaginal birth. Two of the many reasons are that you ensure that you and your baby do not have any negative reactions to drugs (simply by declining their use), and your recovery from childbirth will be easier and more rapid after natural childbirth. You’ll find more reasons here.
Will I be able to handle natural childbirth?
YES!! Remember that although this experience is new to you, women have been birthing outside of hospitals without drugs for over 200,000 years! Your body already knows how to birth your baby – you just have to believe in your ability to do it and learn ways of working with your body instead of against it. There are some physical reasons why a vaginal birth is sometimes impossible, but these cases tend to be rare. In my experience every woman has fears about whether she will be able to handle the intensity of birth. The Birthing Through Hypnosis Method can help you manage those fears and provides you with a clear process and basic instructions on how to prepare your body, mind, and spirit for the birthing of your baby.
What is included in the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method?
With the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method You Will Receive:
- A downloadable Birthing Through Hypnosis Manual written by Kristin Love, LMFT, CH (140 pages).
- Downloadable relaxation, hypnosis, and instructional audio tracks, created by Kristin Love with music by her husband, Eliot (over two hours of recorded material).
- A downloadable Birthing Through Hypnosis Natural Childbirth Preparation Class audio track with Kristin Love (over three hours of instruction).
Should my partner participate in the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method with me?
There is not a one-size-fits-all answer to this question. If your birth partner is also your life partner, this program will benefit both of you. One of the nice things about the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method is that you can do it at your own pace. Some partners want to be involved with the program each step of the way – they want to read the book, and listen to the audio tracks. Other partners are less involved and will read the pages of the manual that the pregnant mom earmarks, and will listen to just her favorite audio tracks only if requested to do so. However you and your birth partner choose to negotiate this path, I think it’s important that the mom-to-be receives the support she feels she needs. If your birth partner will be someone other than your life partner (a friend, doula, parent, etc.), you might want to have them participate in the parts of the program that resonate most deeply with you. There is a section in the manual that is specifically written for birth partners. There are also parts of the audio tracks that guide birth partners on how to help the mom in labor. So – YES – your partner should participate in the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method! How you navigate this participation is totally up to you.
Who are you?
My name is Kristin Love and I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Hypnotherapist, and a Childbirth Educator. I am also a wife and the mother of three children. I started off my first pregnancy fearful of childbirth and unsure of the path I wanted to take through the maze of choices I saw before me. I ended up giving birth to all three of my babies at home using techniques of hypnosis to help make their births manageable, smooth, and magical. My intention with this program is to pass along the wisdom I have gained personally and professionally to other parents who are also embarking on this exciting journey.
I have a counseling practice where I work with clients in California and Hawaii by Zoom, FaceTime, and phone. I work with clients throughout the world via my online Birthing Through Hypnosis Childbirth Program.
Visit my site at KristinNemzer.com for more details and scheduling.
What do your prior students say about your program?
Many of the participants who have used the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method have had incredible birth experiences. I receive many inspiring birth stories every week expressing how much pregnant moms and partners who took part in the course benefited from their participation. I post some of the stories to my BLOG when I receive them. CLICK HERE to read real-life birth stories and comments from some of my students. It’s hard to convey how meaningful these wonderful testimonials are to me.
What is the difference between the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method and other childbirth preparation classes?
There are many differences between the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method and others. Here are a few:
- Many childbirth classes are affiliated with hospitals and, therefore, are not focused on teaching you the way Mother Nature designed birth or how to work with your body to give birth naturally. Hospitals are geared towards expecting medical interventions as a part of childbirth. It is essential that a mom who is preparing to have a natural birth learn every aspect of this wonderful process. Many of these aspects will not be covered in a class that expects a mom to be medicated.
- Childbirth classes that are focused on natural birth often focus on educating mom about how difficult natural birth will be without giving her the techniques to guide her through the process. Those classes are often unattainable to women because they are pricey (they can cost from $200-$600 per couple) and their schedule can require driving from 4 to 12 weeks to a specific location. Even after paying a lot of money for a class and driving a great distance 12 weeks in a row, I often hear from couples who still do not feel that they have tools that they can practice at home to prepare for their baby’s birth.
The Birthing Through Hypnosis Method solves these problems:
- In the program we focus almost exclusively on techniques that you can use in labor, focusing our time and energy on the techniques that will help the birthing mom and her birth partner work together during contractions to make them feel manageable. I teach techniques of breath, position, touch, relaxation and hypnosis in order to positively influence the birthing experience.
- The Birthing Through Hypnosis Method gives you specific techniques of breath, position, hypnosis, relaxation, touch, and support that will help you get through the most difficult parts of labor. We don’t just talk about the hard parts – we train for them. The Birthing Through Hypnosis Method gives you specific techniques of breath, position, hypnosis, relaxation, touch, and support that will help you get through the most difficult parts of labor. We don’t just talk about the hard parts – we train for them.
- The Birthing Through Hypnosis Method costs significantly less than most childbirth education classes cost. The cost is $39 for the entire program.
- The Birthing Through Hypnosis Method can be done at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. You will not need to drive anywhere in order to get a great education. You might decide that listening to the downloadable Birthing Through Hypnosis class on your own schedule is right for you. You can read the manual at your own pace and listen to the practice audio tracks as many times as you would like. The information is accessible to you any time – day or night. The class is not over until you decide the class is over or until your baby is born.
When in my pregnancy should I sign up for the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method?
As soon as possible! Whether your baby is due to arrive soon or whether you are early in your pregnancy, the skills learned in the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method will be invaluable for your journey of birthing your baby.
How much does the Birthing Through Hypnosis Method cost?
The total cost for Birthing Through Hypnosis Method is $39.
This price is significantly less than most couples pay for a traditional childbirth preparation class; not to mention the money you are saving on gas!
How do I purchase the program?
What happens after I pay?
Once your order is processed, you’ll be instructed to download the materials you’ve purchased on the Order Confirmation page. Some orders contain multiple items and will require downloading each individual one to your computer or device for viewing (PDF) or listening (MP3).
How do I download the program?
After you complete your purchase via PayPal you will be directed to a page that lists all of your available downloadable files. Clicking on the links to download the program files may produce different results depending upon your device and your internet connection.
Here are some helpful tips for the best experience when using your downloadable files:
- The size of the files vary from 2-3Mb’s to over 100Mb’s depending on which package(s) you purchased
- You’ll have the easiest time downloading the files quickly if you are connected to WiFi. The speed of your download depends entirely on the speed of your internet. If you are on a slow 4G or 3G connection you can expect slower download times.
- Each brand and type of mobile device will have slightly different options, as will each computer, for how your audio files are handled. Some may open your audio player while others may simply download the file to your device for access with various media apps or programs you have installed.
- It’s possible that your device will offer the choice to download the files directly to your device or require you to log into your account here at the BTH site (while connected to the internet) in order to play the audio tracks or read the manual.